Karen E. Evans
Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia
DC Medical malpractice attorney Karen E. Evans prosecutes serious plaintiffs’ medical malpractice actions in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. Prior to becoming a trial attorney, Ms. Evans served in the U.S. Air Force Nurse Corp and was honorably discharged with the rank of captain. A registered nurse, Ms. Evans began her legal career as an insurance defense attorney successfully representing doctors, nurses and hospitals. Ms. Evans successfully defended and won in excess of 92% of all serious medical malpractice cases tried to jury verdict.
In 2000, she began using her inside knowledge as a former insurance defense lawyer to represent injured persons as a trial lawyer. She has successfully tried and settled numerous cases in the seven and eight-figure ranges. Ms. Evans uses the combination of her nursing experience and zealous trial advocacy skills to pursue medical malpractice claims on behalf of those who have been catastrophically injured.
Honors and Awards
- Commendation Medal, United States Air Force
- Achievement Medal, United States Air Force
- Selected to Super Lawyers (2007, 2012, 2013)
- Washington, D.C.’s Top Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America (2009-present)
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings (highest level of professional excellence)
- Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
Professional and Community Leadership
- Legal Writing and Research Adjunct Professor of Law, David A. Clarke School of Law
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington DC
- Positions held: President (2012), President Elect (2011), Vice President (2010), Treasurer (2009), Secretary (2008), Board of Governors (2003-present).
- Former Captain (1981-87), United States Air Force Nurse Corps
- Sustaining Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Member, D.C. Diverse Partners Network
- Washington Bar Association
- Positions held: 1st Vice President (2012), 2nd Vice President (2011), Judicial Selection Committee Chair (2011-12).
- Executive Committee, Trial Lawyers Association, D.C.
- Member, American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- Member, American Bar Association
- Advisory board member, S.M.A.R.T. - community organization dedicated to improving academics through sports
- Member, National Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Maryland Association for Justice
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Volunteer Mediator, Alternative Dispute Resolution Programs of the D.C. Superior Court and U.S. District Court for D.C.
- Speaker and guest lecturer: The George Washington University Law School, D. C. Superior Court Judicial Training session committee, Ohio Association for Justice
- East Carolina University, B.S.N., 1980
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., 1990
- Registered Nurse
- District of Columbia, 1990
- Maryland, 1997
- Virginia, 1997
Comments are closed.