The Cochran Firm, D.C. believes access to affordable higher education is essential to promoting justice and equality. In honor of our firm’s founding partner, Johnnie L. Cochran, Jr., The Cochran Firm, D.C. is pleased to offer a $1,000 scholarship to help college students further their education and make a positive impact in the community. Essays are judged on originality, creativity, and writing style. The winner will be announced on The Cochran Firm, D.C.’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter account.
Amount: $1,000 per dispersal
Dispersal: Biannually, Fall and Spring
Eligibility: High school seniors enrolled in a U.S. college and students attending post-high school education in the U.S. Winners receive a one-time dispersal per winning entry.
Topic: “How has social media helped advance the cause of civil rights in America?”
Deadline: Fall dispersal: December 1 (annually), Spring dispersal: June 1 (annually)
- Submit a 750 – 1000 word original essay on the above topic
- Share essay contest page on Facebook and Twitter
- Email essay as Word or PDF document
- Provide current unofficial college transcript or proof of post-secondary education – entries without proof of college enrollment will not be considered
- Include full name, address, and email on essay and email submission
The Cochran Firm, D.C.
1100 New York Ave, Suite 340 West Tower
Washington, D.C. 20005
- Fall 2016: Melissa from Annapolis, Maryland