Serving Residents of Baltimore, Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia
If you have been injured in a maritime accident, the team of experienced attorneys with The Cochran Firm DC is prepared to do everything it takes to protect your rights. Maritime and admiralty law is complex and it can take an experienced attorney to navigate the complexities. Cases arising from large seafaring vessels, cruise ships, large boats, oil rigs and platforms, helicopters, and other offshore ships can become very complicated.
Our attorneys understand the laws applicable to maritime injuries and can seek the maximum possible compensation allowed by law for victims.
Types of Maritime Injury Claims
The maritime injury lawyers of The Cochran Firm have achieved a noteworthy track record of success by vigorously fighting for the rights of victims. Our attorneys know how to successfully bring a wide variety of admiralty and maritime accident claims include:
- Claims under the Jones Act
- Cruise ship crashes and stranding
- Claims under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- On-shore injuries related to maritime accidents
- Accidents on international waters
- Claims under the Defense Base Act
- 33 U.S.C.A. § 905(b) lawsuits
- Death on the High Seas Act
- The Federal Employers Liability Act
- Deadly maritime accidents
Contact the Baltimore, Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia Maritime Injury Lawyers of The Cochran Firm DC for a Free Consultation
There are an infinite variety of different claims that may be raised due to maritime injuries but some of the more common accident claims include:
- Class action and mass tort claims arising from cruise ship accidents
- Dock worker and longshoremen hurt while inspecting ship cargo
- Oil rig explosions
- Ship accidents where a vessel is not in regulatory compliance
- Injuries during fleeting operations
- Collisions and other accidents during dredging operations
There are time limits and deadlines that apply to most maritime injury claims. In order to preserve your claim, contact an experienced maritime injury lawyer with The Cochran Firm DC today and schedule a free initial consultation.