Kayann Chambers is an attorney with The Cochran Firm Washington, D.C. office and handles personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Kayann has always had a passion to represent those without a voice. She is a native of South Florida and earned her undergraduate and graduate degree from Florida State University. In graduate school she focused on an in-depth systematic evaluation of the effectiveness of criminal justice policies, as well as the discovery of the socio-cultural, economic and global certified roots of crime.
She took her zealous passion to Florida A&M College of Law where she earned her Juris Doctorate degree. While in law school, she served as a law clerk for the Department of Justice, Department of Commerce, the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the Middle District of Florida and Orange County Public Schools. Before joining The Cochran Firm, Kayann worked at a well-established plaintiff’s firm in Prince George’s county Maryland where she practiced in the areas of civil litigation and administrative law. Kayann’s legal experiences provides her with broad exposure in the legal field and with a transferable skillset.
- Florida State University B.A. 2010
- Florida State University M.S. 2011
- Florida A&M University College of Law J.D. 2015
- Washington, D.C.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- J. Franklyn Bourne Bar
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland
- Maryland Association For Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Community Advocates For Family & Youth (2017 – present)