Bringing a successful qui tam claim
There are a variety of factors outlined in the applicable statutes and regulations, in addition to relevant case law, that may influence the success of a qui tam claim by a whistleblower. Our experienced whistleblower attorneys can explain which factors may have a significant impact on your qui tam claim.
In determining whether to intervene in your case, the U.S. Department of Justice is going to look for a variety of factors including:
- Was the government harmed or defrauded?
- Whether the whistleblower has firsthand knowledge of the illegal activity
- What is the size of the damage or fraud
- Whether the whistleblower has evidence of the fraudulent activity to corroborate the whistleblowing claims
- The case is one the government is likely to pursue
- The amount of money at issue
- Whether the information has been publicly disclosed
- Did the employer retaliate against the whistleblower?
- Does the qui tam claim fall within the applicable statute of limitations?
These are only some of a great number of factors that will be analyzed when evaluating your potential whistleblower claim. If you believe you have a valid qui tam claim, please contact the experienced whistleblower attorneys of The Cochran Firm, D.C. Our attorneys can answer your questions and guide you through the legal system and process. Because strict time deadlines and other time sensitive regulations apply to bringing whistleblower lawsuits, we recommend contacting us as soon as conveniently possible. We may be reached at 1-800-THE-FIRM.