If you are being arrested remember:
- DO NOT PHYSICALLY engage with the police
- RAISE your arms above your head
- DO NOT RESIST and follow all lawful commands
- Tell the officer if you are ARMED OR UNARMED
- Ask anyone nearby to RECORD you
- Once you are taken into custody invoke your right to remain silent and right to counsel by stating: “I am invoking my right to remain silent and my right to counsel”
- If they keep talking to you… REMAIN CALM AND SAY NOTHING!
- If you make a call while detained remember the phone lines are recorded just give your name, location, and the charges.