Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia car accident lawsuits
There are over 6 million car accidents in the United States every year. Of these, over 3 million result in injuries, with 2 million of those injuries being permanent. In the metropolitan areas of Washington, D.C, Maryland, and Virginia, hundreds of car accidents occur each month. Staying consistent with the national average, well over half of these accidents will result in catastrophic personal injury.
The motor vehicle accident attorneys at The Cochran Firm DC know how devastating a car accident can be. In addition to property damage, you may be dealing with serious injuries, time off of work, and even the loss of a loved one. We are prepared to help victims of car accidents recover their damages, and receive the full compensation they are due.
If You’ve Been a Victim in a Car Accident:
- Pay Nothing Until We Win
- We’ll Come to See You
What can you recover in a car crash lawsuit?
Depending on the seriousness of you car accident, you may be able to recover:
- Compensation for lost wages while recovering
- Hospital bills
- Medical expenses including physical therapy, prescription medication, and medical devices
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Compensation for physical pain and suffering
- Compensation for mental anguish
Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen for a variety of reasons and at nearly every speed. Some of the most frequent causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while texting
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving such as erratic or un-signaled lane changes
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals