Slip, trip, or fall injury attorneys serving Virginia individuals and families
Virginia property and business owners owe you a legal duty to keep their premises reasonably safe. If you sustained serious injuries after slipping on someone else’s property, you may be eligible for compensation by filing an injury claim. At The Cochran Firm, D.C., our team of experienced trial attorneys has prosecuted injury claims for decades and understands what it takes to secure the maximum possible compensation under the law. Contact our legal professionals for a free case evaluation.
Under Virginia law, property owners are responsible for slip and fall injuries if they knew (or should have known) about dangerous conditions on their property but did nothing to correct the problem or warn the injured victim.
Typical causes of slip and fall injuries:
- Wet, oily, or greasy floor without proper signage
- Torn, worn, or frayed carpeting
- Slipping on snow and ice that a property owner neglected to properly clear
- Inadequate lighting
- Unsafe stairways or steps, such as when the depth or height between stairs varies
- Walkway obstructions, including debris and clutter
- Tripping on potholes and uneven surfaces
- Poor maintenance
- Snow or ice that was not removed by the property owner
Common injuries caused by slip and falls:
- Brain injury
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Severe bruising
- Neck injuries
- Head and shoulder trauma
When you file a slip and fall claim, your attorney can seek compensation for past and future medical bills, physical therapy, emotional pain and suffering, occupational training, and other claims.